This website will test for common internet problems..
Security tool removal
The 'Security Tool' is a virus!
The removal of it can be a little tricky. But here's the instructions on how to remove it.
Once removed you should find your computer (or laptop) will return to normal operating.
Following these instructions carefully:
You should now run a complete virus scan using reputable antivirus software.
- Start > Programs.
Right click on 'Security tool' (at the bottom)
Then select Properties.
- You should have the properties window popup.
Click 'Find Target..'
- A folder should now open.
Right click on the file.
Change the name to anything else.
- Right click again on the file.
and confirm the file deletion.
- Right click on 'Security tool'
Then select Delete.
- Reboot your computer
ie. Start > Shutdown > Restart
- Once rebooted your computer should now appear normal.
On the desktop, right click on the 'Security tool'
Then Select 'Delete'
We currently recommend AVG.
This virus would have also modified your internet settings.
If your using internet explorer, here's how to reset your internet security settings.
- Right click on an Internet Explorer icon.
Select Internet Properties
- Under the 'Security' tab, click 'default level'.
- Under the 'Programs' tab, click 'Reset Web Settings'.
- Under the 'Advanced' tab, click 'reset defaults'.